A lot can happen in ten years. In 2007, Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR) opened its doors. As we reflect on this milestone, we are hopeful that we’ve made a significant difference in the tech community. Take a look at the following infograph to see what gdR has accomplished in a decade and what our objectives are moving forward.
Onward and Upward
The last 10 years have been a great success, but it was just the beginning. As we enter a pivotal point in Canadian tech — tech jobs are on the rise (accounting for 15% of all jobs in Toronto), the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor has the second highest concentration of startups in the world, and our government is taking action to ensure the success of this booming ecosystem — we aim to make our next 10 years even more impactful!
Our ultimate goal has always been to help grow the Canadian tech ecosystem. In 2017 we plan to to take that idea to the next level by:
- Creating awareness in the United States and abroad of opportunities in Canadian tech; allure experienced individuals into our community, be it ex-pats or new Canadians.
- Connecting tech leaders to collaborate, share, and learn. Canadian Tech at Scale brought together 70+ Engineering Leaders. and now it’s time to grow our events into product, design, and marketing.
- Increasing the leadership capacity of people and teams to allow companies to scale to new heights and maximize people’s career capacity.
- Continue to grow our executive search practice to have an even greater impact for our clients. While we’ve recruited many top-notch leaders, we’ve only scratched the surface of where we want to go.
- Continue to support people throughout their careers by providing coaching, insights, and introductions to incredible companies & people.
Here’s to the next ten years!