Community Channel

Thinking of taking a HackerYou workshop? Jump right in. You won’t regret it.

Community | | No Comments  

This post originally appeared on the HackerYou blog on October 16, 2012. HackerYou is a new program from the team at Ladies Learning Code that offers hands-on, project-based learning about tech taught by industry professionals. You can read the original post here.  As a fan of Ladies Learning Code, I was really curious to try a workshop with HackerYou. My work as a Community Manager in the T... continue reading >

Girl Geeks TO Recap: Getting to Grips With Algorithms

This post originally appeared on the Girl Geeks TO blog. I was invited to contribute my audience perspective for the event Getting to Grips with Algorithms! (cue mighty roar), which took place on Monday, September 17th at the headquarters of Toronto startup TinEye.  Read the original post here. As soon as I walked up the stairs in the TinEye offices on Queen Street East, it smelled overwhelmi... continue reading >

New this fall: We’ve joined the mentorship team at Driven Accelerator

Earlier this year, Toronto saw a new startup accelerator emerge on the tech landscape: Driven Accelerator. Putting a unique spin on things, Driven focuses exclusively on providing training, support and resources to under-represented minorities in digital technology. We’re proud to announce that our Managing Director, Bruce Dorland, and myself have joined the Driven community. We’ve been inv... continue reading >

Throne of JS: Toronto dev conference hosts world’s top JavaScript pioneers

Community, Tech | | No Comments  

On Friday, July 20th, Toronto played host to Throne of JS, a two-day conference focused on discussing and debating JavaScript frameworks. As a sponsor, we had the chance to attend the opening night event on Friday night at the Extension Room in the Distillery District. The conference brought together the creators of every important client-side JS framework to try to answer the question that vex... continue reading >